What Every Start-Up Business Owner Needs to Know About Digital Marketing
Getting a start-up up and running isn’t easy. It’s not uncommon for a person to get so involved with the process of developing their business idea, turning their vision into reality, and acquiring the financial backing they require to forget about things they’ll need down the road, like a good digital marketing plan. The fact that start-ups require a slightly different digital marketing plan than an already established brand with a solid customer base makes creating a successful marketing program more challenging.
First, if you’re the creator of a start-up that suddenly realized you haven’t done a thing to promote your enterprise, it’s okay. Don’t beat yourself up. It happens. The good news is that it’s never too late to create and utilize a digital marketing plan.
Second, get to know exactly what it takes to successfully use digital marketing to promote a start-up.
Nail Down Your Brand
You can’t expect to launch a successful digital marketing program for your start-up if you don’t already have a good idea of what your brand is. The aspects of creating a successful brand include:
- Decide what kind of vibe you want to project
- Choose a few suitable colors that will be incorporated into all of your branding material
- Create a unique, eye-catching logo that matches your industry and start-up’s personality
- Design a website that helps drive home your brand. The colors, wording, images, etc. should all be on brand.
Start Creating Website Material
Now that you’ve started to figure out your brand, it’s time to turn your attention to the next phase of digital marketing: the website. Not only does your website need to reflect your brand, but it also has to appeal to your target market. Fill it with content that your target market will find interesting.
- Don’t forget to blend some SEO-friendly key phrases into your content.
- Resist the urge to make all your content into a sales pitch
- Create a schedule for uploading new content
- Include a solid call to action with all of your content
- Remember that short blocks of content are more effective than long blocks of text
Combine Digital Marketing Ideas
There was a time when you could focus all of your marketing resources on one platform and use just one or two forms of marketing but those days have passed. These days, it’s important to spread yourself out and promote your start-up through a lot of different channels.
- Don’t forget to use:
- Video Marketing
- Several different social media platforms
- Pay-per-view marketing
- Referral marketing
- And more
How are you handling your start-up’s digital marketing needs? Do you need help or simply want to see if there’s a more efficient way you could be using digital marketing to promote your start-up? Feel free to contact us for suggestions.